Saturday, June 28, 2014

Thank you!!!

I am sorry for the delayed update on the 15 year old I asked you to pray about.  My computer froze and wouldn't let me publish my post!  The abortion clinic closes at noon, so, from all we can tell, she DID NOT have an abortion today and we are praising God for that and I want to thank all of you for praying!!  This is not a 100% positive report, but as best as we are able to know, she didn't go to the clinic today!  She is early in her pregnancy so there is still time to make a poor choice, so pray for her, the baby's daddy, and the baby every time God brings them to mind!

What I know of her story...She is 15 and the baby's daddy is 18.  Her parents said she is to have an abortion or she will be kicked out of the house.  An appointment was made for her at the clinic for today.  The baby's daddy was to be the one to take her.  Well, yesterday, he went to the ICU mobile clinic and one of the counselors there spent some time with him listening to their story.  She told him to just not bring her today!  He said that neither of them want to abort the baby but he does not want to disrespect her parents.  The counselor gave him my information as an option for her and told him that their unit would be parked by the clinic today.  He left and they were hopeful that he would bring her back yesterday but he never did.  They gave me a heads up about this situation so I would know if they called.  I never received a call.  Well, ICU was on the lookout today and so was a friend of mine who is a sidewalk counselor.  We were just praying that the Holy Spirit would let her know if they walked up!  Neither came in contact with them today, so we are celebrating that they hopefully just never went! 

You may think that this is a once-in-a-blue-moon situation that parents would force their daughter to abort but this is VERY common!  We believe that just our existence and the fact that the girl has another option for housing takes the "power" away from parents who try to use this threat to get what they want...a terminated pregnancy.  We have faced this exact scenario many times already in our 11 months of existence and we thank God that He has strategically placed us here!  I also had a friend send me an article about a situation in Texas when a girl was being forced to go into an abortion clinic and thankfully the sidewalk counselors knew to call the police because it is illegal for someone, even the parent of a minor, to force her to have an abortion!  This is a serious problem and I thank you for getting involved last night and today on behalf of these teenagers and their baby!

Today I rented the movie "Gimme Shelter" from a redbox.  If you haven't seen it, spend the $1.28 and a couple of hours and watch it!  This movie came out just a few months after we opened Mid-South Love Home and I have been wanting to see it!  It is neat that today was the day that I got to watch it because this exact scenario is the one that the girl in the movie found herself in!  There also were so many similarities between the shelter the movie is about and the shelter God has called us to be!  It is a true story and that ministry is over 20 years old and was started in the lady's home!  The movie was set in (what I would call) their "next step" home...where the girls continue to live for a couple of years after the baby is born!  They have something very much like what I want to call my "Blessings Closet"....a closet full of maternity clothes and other items the girls need/want where they can sort of go shopping and pick out what they want instead of just being forced to be happy with what they are given!  Our desire is so much in line with the desire expressed in the movie...to give them hope for the future and to let them feel love, dignity, belonging, worth, and acceptance!  Anyway, it was such an encouragement to me that God has been in the business of casting the same vision in the hearts of several women and their families across this country and He has provided for their needs as they strive to provide for the needs of these precious young women who need hope, help, and love!  We are confident that He, too, will provide all that we need to be who He has called us to be!!

Thanks again for your prayers!!!  If you haven't done so, check out our website and look at ways you can support this ministry and be a part of what God is doing here!  It's exciting!!!

midsouthlovehome.wix.com/mslh

No comments:

Post a Comment