Well, today has been a busy day in the life of the Love Home! I always tell people that I am one phone call away from having a new girl! Well, I received TWO phone calls today! The first one was from a lady who lives south of Nashville. I still am not exactly sure how she found me, but I am thankful she did! Anyway, she has a girl she used to work with who called her needing help. She is pregnant and homeless and is in a city not too far from Memphis. Anyway, I shared with this friend about the ministry and she was so excited. She has helped this young lady before and when she called and asked for some money, she wanted to do more than just "throw money" at her! So, she is going to call her tonight and explain the ministry to her and see if she will be willing to talk to me! So, once again, I am waiting by my phone! I told this sweet friend that we see the effects...or lack of effects...from just throwing money at people. It doesn't bring about the life change they so desperately need! They need people! They need help inside the context of healthy relationships!! That is exactly what God has called us to do! So, as God brings it to mind, pray that this sweet young lady will at least call me and talk!
So, while sitting by my phone waiting on that call, I received another call! This call was from the young lady I told you about back in April or so. She attends Rust College and had to move out of the dorm because she got pregnant. I lost track of her back then (not an uncommon thing!) and we were reconnected this summer when ICU Mobile called me about a girl and when they told me her name, I was like, "I have talked to her!!" Anyway, we talked again and she didn't want to move away from her sister so she didn't come to live with us. Well....I just got off the phone with her and she asked if I still had a bed available and if I would be willing to take her so late in her pregnancy. She is due the end of August. I talked to her and we talked about her plans to get back to Rust and I am so blessed and excited that we are going to be able to help her!!!! She wanted me to meet her grandmother so we got on a three-way call. Her grandmother was PRECIOUS!!! She used to take children in and foster them. She adopted this girl and raised her. She was such a sweet, Godly woman and she kept saying, "I just feel a different spirit when I talk to you! I have so much peace and I just know you are doing this in the name of Jesus!" I was so blessed! Then she asked if she could pray with us and she said the most amazing prayer asking for blessing and protection and thanking God for bringing us together. She told me that we are family now and she can't wait to get to meet us! WHAT ENCOURAGEMENT!!! God never ceases to amaze me by providing those nuggets of encouragement just when He knows I need it...or would just love to have it!!!
She is going to spend the next week cleaning up the place she has been living and will move in with us next week! Please pray as we prepare...not only for her, but for a baby to also be coming home here in just a few short weeks!!
As Grant leaves for college August 3rd and as the transportation needs of the ministry become full-force again, our car situation is going to become dire! If you have a vehicle or know of someone who has a vehicle that they are looking to get rid of, please have them call me! If not, please pray that God will miraculously provide one for us! Thankfully He is in the miracle business!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment