Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Prayer Warriors Wanted...and NEEDED!!!

We are anxiously looking forward to next Wednesday when our new resident moves in.  As I stated before, she is starting her 9th month so we will have a baby soon!  With this reality comes a great need for volunteers and many of you have expressed a desire to get involved in the practical ministry we do with these young women and their babies.  I have decided to list a few areas of need and then see who responds with a desire to step in and help!  Please email me to share an interest.  I don't always check comments on this blog quickly so my email is a better method for you to communicate with me!!

First of all, I want to ask that everyone pray for us! 
     1.  Pray for this young lady as she transitions to our home.
     2.  Pray for the entire Kimberlin family as we each adjust our lives to minister to her.
     3.  Pray for protection over our home and that the enemy would be bound back as God sends His warring angels to stand guard. 
     4.  Pray that the Holy Spirit will have free reign in our home and all our lives!
     5.  Pray for me as I seek to connect this young lady to the resources she needs.
     6.  Pray for her to be open to the love of Christ and that she will be in an intimate relationship with Him.
     7.  Pray for our grant writer as she is working diligently to prepare the grants she is writing for us!  Her name is Tracy and God miraculously had her stumble across our blog just as I was asking for a grant writer!!  We have one due the middle of August and would appreciate all of your prayers!!  We want to build an addition on our current home to serve as the "next step" house.  We have a wonderful architect and architect firm who are volunteering their time to do the plans!  Ashley Home Furniture has graciously agreed to furnish the four bedrooms for the girls!  Here are the initial sketches:

Isn't that so exciting!?!?!  If you feel led to contribute to this project, please contact me!  We are looking for donations of skill, items, money, etc. to include in our grant proposal.  This helps the foundation realize that they are not the only one investing in this project!! 

Secondly, we are in need of volunteers.  We have a whole lot of traveling to do this fall with Grant and Josh both playing college football.  Because this young lady is in her last month, she will be unable to travel with us like the previous girls did.  Therefore, we will need some ladies...or couples...or families...to agree to spend some time with her and eventually her and her baby boy.  It may be that you come to our home and spend some time with her here.  It may be that you want to take her out to eat or to the movies or to your house.  Like I have always said, I want lots of women pouring into these young women so they will have a host of mentors!  Email me if this area of volunteering interests you.

Thirdly, we are in need of some "night off/out" helpers!  My parents have spent lots of time at Precious Life Shelter in California looking at how they work and learning from their leaders.  One thing that they have organized is a small group, Sunday School class, group of co-workers, etc. who take one night a month to come feed the girls at the home.  This gives the host family a much needed "family night/night off" and still gives the girls the love and supervision and food they need!  It is another opportunity to spend time with her and invest in her!  You will be surprised at how open and honest and emotionally and spiritually hungry many of these women are!  It will also be a tremendous blessing to us as we intentionally focus on our children and the need for our family unit to have some quality time together.  If you have a group who would want to help in this way, email me!

Next, we have ways you can practically help with the daily needs of the home.  We have a "Needs List" on our website and there you will find things such as detergent, toilet tissue, soap, etc. that we always need!  These things are easy to stock up on and use as needed so we cannot get too much help in this area!  We also could use things such as gift cards to fast food restaurants, restaurants, movies, Kroger, gas cards, Target, etc. to help with various practical needs and just for treats to go out to eat or to the movies!!

Finally, we are in need of a vehicle!  If you know of a business owner who would be interested in mobile advertisement, I will drive around a wrapped car or a car with a magnetic logo or whatever on it!  My only restriction is that it is a company that is consistent with our mission....no Budlight or Marboro or anything such as that!!!  I drive all over North Mississippi and Memphis and will be buring Hwy 78 up as I get this girl ready to move back to Holly Springs for college by January!!  Anyway, we are a 501(c)3 so, as far as I know, this type of service would be a tax benefit as well!  I know this sounds crazy, but we are looking at a variety of options!!!

Thank you again for reading such a long post!  I appreciate your prayers and support more than I can express!!!!  Please email me with any ideas, questions, or to sign up to be hands-on involved in the ministry of the Love Home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment