Thursday, August 14, 2014

Jakira, Micah, and lots of updates!!!

Well, so much has happened over the past three weeks that I haven't even had time to sit down and blog about it!  Thank you for your continued interest in what God is doing through the Mid-South Love Home!  Thank you for your prayers and support! 

Jakira and I go way back!  She was the student from Rust College that I blogged about back in March.  I heard from her again in June but there were some personal circumstances that kept her from moving in.  She contacted me late July and asked if I still had room for her!  She was one month away from being due.  We agreed to take her and scheduled her move in day for July 30th.  Brad and I were able to go meet her face-to-face on Saturday the 26th at her baby shower.  I then texted her on Monday to let her know the time for picking her up on Wednesday but I didn't hear back from her.  Her friend, who I met at the baby shower, called me Tuesday morning to let me know that Jakira woke up Sunday morning unable to see!  She had a terrible headache and told her friend to call an ambulance.  She began seizing and they had to do an emergency C-section Sunday morning!  She spent two days in ICU and Micah spent five days in the NICU.  We are praising God that they are both alive, healthy, and now living with us!!!!  I have posted some pictures below!!!

UPDATES and THANK YOUS!  We submitted a grant proposal to the Assissi Foundation today and I am praising God for His favor and for all those who worked to help make this a reality!  My first HUGE thank you goes to Tracy Dain, my grant writer, who has worked tirelessly and faithfully to research and write for us!!  I praise God for sending her to be such a valuable part of this ministry!!  I am thankful for all those who have donated time, services, monetary gifts, etc. (Sullivan Homes, Ashley Homestore, Flashmart, Chick-fil-A,to name a few) to this project!  I am very thankful to Savannah Newman for her incredible proofreading/editing skills!  You made a huge contribution to this grant proposal!  I am thankful to Carla Henigan, Jennifer Strunk, and others who read and edited for us!  Your input was perfect and so helpful!!  Thank you to Tina Tatum, Cyndi Wiseman, Sherri Howard, and Lynn Murley for coming to pray over the submission of the grant!!  I know there are so many others that have helped with this process and I am praying that God just pours and pours and pours His blessings out on you!!  Everyone please join me in praising and thanking God for His incredible favor as the grant readers consider and approve our proposal!!  We are claiming full funding for this project in the name of Jesus!!

I have another huge thank you to USCGA and Scott Young for the wonderful outpouring of items for our "Blessings Closet"!!  It was so cool to be able to take Jakira to that closet when she first came and let her pick out her own toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc!!!  Thank you for your support of this ministry!!!!

I also received a wonderful blessing when we were chosen by Kids Town Consignment to be a ministry they donated to after their sale.  Thank you to all the consigners who donated your unsold items!!  They will be such a blessing to mommies and babies!!!  Thank you Sherry Parker for working the sale to help me accumulate the necessary volunteer hours!!!  Also...I had Tiffany and Cayla come over to swim last Thursday and Tiffany was able to pick out all of the fall and winter clothes she wanted for Cayla!!  She got to "shop"!!!  She had soooooo many to pick from that she was able to sift through and get the clothes she loved!  She had so much fun and was so excited and thankful!  She also got a little walker/exersaucer thing that Cayla loved!!!  All of these were donated items from Kids Town!  Brittany was also able to come over and get an amazing breast pump and a few other things that she knows she wants/needs!!!  Jakira has a whole wardrobe to pick from for Micah when he needs things too!!  It is just a TON of clothes!!!  We are so blessed and honored to receive these donations!!!

In light of the previous paragraph, I NEED HELP!!!!  I am looking for a couple of people who would be willing to purchase a few rubbermaid tubs to sort the clothes in!  I want to have boy clothes divided by size and put in tubs and the same for the girl clothes!  I will be able to receive these types of donations twice a year, so i want relatively large tubs for each size!  Anyway, the clothes need to be washed and sorted in these tubs so if you are willing to volunteer in this way, please send me an email!! 

I also want to send out a huge thank you to Nicole and Valerie for washing and ironing donated maternity clothes so those are hanging and ready for the girls to pick from!  I have received so many donations of maternity clothes and I am so very grateful!!!  THANK YOU!!  It is so important to me that the girls get to pick out the clothes they like....that they aren't forced to just make do with what they are given!  Having so many donations has allowed Brittany to "shop" for her maternity clothes and she gets so excited about that!!!

As you can see, God is at work through this ministry!  We never know what a day may hold so it keeps us leaning in hard to Him!  Thanks again for all the support and help and prayers!!  Thank you for being a part of this ministry!!!!
                                               Me and Cayla on a swim day!!  What a cutie pie!!
                                        Micah in the NICU.  The nurses fell in love with him!!!
                                               Kendall is enjoying having Micah around!!
              Jakira and Micah after his first bath!  His cord fell off so quickly!!  Isn't she beautiful?!?!
                                                            Brad and Micah hanging out!!
                                    We had to get a picture before we took Grant to college!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment