Saturday, August 16, 2014

New Opportunities!!

What a mighty God we serve!!!!  I wanted to update again and let you know that I have all the rubbermaid tubs for the baby clothes!!!!  Thank you so very much to Todd and Lori Wilson for getting those for us!!!  What a blessing to be able to go to Target to pick them up after someone in Alabama purchased them!  We are so grateful and I spent last night sorting the girl clothes and I have some wonderful friends and volunteers, Tammy and Kirsten Sousan, picking some up today to wash and organize in the tubs!  It is just amazing to me when the body of Christ comes together and we each do our part to reach out and help those in need!  It has been very cool to experience firsthand!

I have four other opportunities for you to help support the Mid-South Love Home and they involve FOOD!!  Not only do they involve food, they involve GOOD FOOD!!!  I sure hope you will help me spread the word so that we can make these fundraising opportunities a HUGE success!!!

First of all, we will be having our first annual Mid-South Love Home dinner this fall at Central Church.  I know many ministries who raise a large portion of their annual budget by having a fundraising dinner and Central has agreed to let us use the church do begin having these.  All of the details are not worked out yet and I don't even have the official name of the dinner yet...but it will come soon!  I need everyone who reads this blog to share with their friends, family, churches, small groups, friends at work, etc. to help us fill up the fellowship hall!  It will be a delicious dinner and I am hoping to honor Ms. Ruby Burdett, founder of the Love Home Mark 9:37, at this first one!  She and Mr. Bill touched many lives in the Memphis area during their 30+ years of ministry and I hope people will help me get the word out to those who have been blessed by them so they will attend!  Anyway, I will post as I know more, but please keep that in mind!!!

Secondly, Chick-fil-A Germantown is partnering with us to help in our fundraising efforts!  Everyone loves Chick-fil-A so I hope this will be an easy way to help!!!  There are three things we are doing and I would love your help with ALL THREE!!!
     1.  We are selling Chick-fil-A calendars for 2015!!  They are $8 and a portion of each calendar sold goes to MSLH.  These are AMAZING!  I haven't seen the 2015 one, but since I work at CFA, I know that the 2014 calendar was quite a deal!  Some of the specials for the month were, free salad, free large drink, free sandwich of your choice, etc.  The free salad alone is a $7.00 savings and that alone just about pays for your calendar!!!  PLEASE PARTICIPATE WITH US!!!  Tell everyone at work!  If your small group wants a way to help us, have them sell calendars at work for us!  Be creative!  I have about 1500 calendars available to me in August/September.  These sell out fast in the stores and people want to get them for Christmas gifts and we are all out!  So, plan ahead and treat your children's teachers, your friends, co-workers, family, etc. to some free CFA each month!!!  Email me or message me on facebook to order your calendars!
     2.  We are having a nugget tray sale!!  The small nugget tray has 64 nuggets and feeds roughly 8-10 people.  It sells for $24 plus tax.  We are selling nugget tray certificates for $25.  Since it is a certificate, you can redeem it whenever you need a tray!  So, you can buy several now and just use them as you need them for tailgating, school class parties, holiday functions, birthday parties, etc.  Or, if you are like us, our family can put down a small nugget tray ourselves!!! Email or message me to purchase certificates!
     3.  We are having a "Spirit Night" at the CFA in Germantown, near Wolf River Blvd.  I know this seems far away to our Mississippi friends, but Brad and I drive there everyday and it isn't too far!  Please make a sacrifice and join us there on Wednesday, August 27th from 5:00-10:00.  20% of the sales comes back to MSLH.  We also have some churches ordering food for the youth or adults that night and we are being supported by them simply using us that night!  I know it is church night so let us bring food to your church, or come see us before or after church!  We REALLY need a huge turn-out for this!  We hope to have as many of our moms and babies there working so you can meet them.  We also need some volunteers to help us work that night!  PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD and help us pack out Chick-fil-A Germantown that night!!!  Email me or message me with questions or to volunteer!

Thank you for all your help!  Thank you for spreading the word!!  We couldn't do what God has called us to do without you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment