Well, it has been a while since I wrote a post so I want to just catch you up on a few things! Mainly, I want to shout out a huge THANK YOU to so many people who made Jakira and Micah's move so incredibly smooth! It was truly a picture of the Body of Christ working together to help this young woman and her baby transition into a very bright and hopeful future!
It took two trips to move her into her new apartment in Holly Springs! Thanks to Sam Pearson, another pastor/coach friend of his, and several of his football players from Marshall Academy for helping us move furniture into her upstairs apartment!! Sherri Howard and I had moved quite a bit by ourselves as we loaded things into the trailer and it was killing us!! We both had beautiful purple bruises to show as our battle scars!!! It was worth it, but we couldn't have made the move upstairs without these guys!!!!
Our second trip was even more eventful! We had it scheduled for a Monday but changed it at the last minute due to severe weather threats! So, our scheduled help (the Marshall Academy crew again!!) was unable to help because the move was now Friday afternoon and they had an away game! So, we cried out for help and I owe a HUGE thank you to Mike Clarkson and the wonderful fellows he sent from his company to help us unload the second trailer full. Y'all, it was a crazy difficult task!! They had the refrigerator (donated by Michael Upchurch) and this huge armoire (donated by the Medlocks) to carry up these shaky stairs and around a little corner! They had to take the door off to get the refrigerator inside!! My mom and dad were also there helping and Sherri, of course, was there too! It was an amazing day for Jakira and she was beside herself excited! She has everything she needs for a cozy, homey, fully-functioning apartment and she is so thankful! I just cannot stress enough how it literally took fifty or more people with their donations, gifts, help, support, etc. to get her in and ready for school to start! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE ROLES YOU ARE PLAYING IN THE LIFE OF THIS MINISTRY AND THE WOMEN WE ARE CALLED TO SERVE!!!
Also, my resident that I can't share much about started school TODAY!!!! She is so excited and it is a huge step in the right direction for her! She now adds school to her already busy work schedule and she just glows!! She has never had a support system that would actually help her accomplish the goals she has. I am realizing that having someone who believes in you and supports you is one of the most important things many of these girls lack. I am so honored and blessed that God has called the Kimberlin family to step in and help in this way! I am so thankful that so many of you feel the same calling and are heeding that call. God honors obedience!!
No comments:
Post a Comment