Yesterday was an amazing day in the life of the Love Home! I witnessed a precious girl have a "light bulb" come on and I want to share a little with you!
Many of you have prayed for my girl, JP. I have shared some of her story but want to share what has happened to her this week! She was shot in the head when she was 12 and was not expected to come out of the coma. They said that if she did, she would be a vegetable. Well, God had other plans and she came out of the coma and re-learned to walk, talk, and is now a very normal functioning 23 year old woman! Because of this, she is on government disability and her grandmother is "in charge" of her money.
Well, she received calls and texts last weekend from her family telling her that her check had been cut off. They gave a list of reasons why and she was DEVASTATED! You see, she has been out on her own since she was 18 and has been in and out of having an apartment and being homeless. She has had to fight to survive on her own and she has been though SO MUCH!! Anyway, she has an apartment now and is keeping up with her bills while she lives with me so she will be able to go back to her apartment when she leaves our home. When she was told that her check was being cut off, this meant that she couldn't pay her rent...which was due Oct. 1. Anyway, she spiraled out of control and really shut down on us. She continued to go to work but she was deep in depression. She kept saying that she had to figure this out on her own. I kept telling her that we are here to help her but she has to talk to us and tell us what is going on. She was so very mad at God and was blaming Him for yet another disaster in her life.
After not speaking to anyone Wednesday night and all day Thursday, I found her sitting on the back patio yesterday morning. I went out and asked her what was going on. She finally broke down and opened up. She told me that her landlord keeps calling and texting wanting the rent. She asked if she could make it in two payments because her SSI check was cut off. (Since she is working, she could make the rent but it would take all month to get enough money.) The landlord said she needed proof that the check was cut off. So, I said, "Then let's go get proof!" So we hopped up, loaded up and headed to the Social Security office. We met with a wonderful lady who was so sweet and so helpful. JP explained what she had been told and the lady asked for her SS#. When she pulled it up, she said, "There has been no interruption in your check." JP lost it and I just sat there rubbing her arm telling her that I am so sorry! Her family had lied to her and they were keeping her money. They didn't even care that she was going to lose her apartment and end up homeless again. The realization that they cared more about money than her was absolutely heart breaking. I wanted to just sit there and cry with her!! After much discussion with the lady, JP changed her "in charge" person to me and changed all of her contact information. They SS office called the family to find out where the money is and to tell them that they were no longer in charge of her money. It was a very difficult thing to watch as JP realized that she can't trust her family. She also became very concerned because these are the family members who have temporary custody of her 3 children! She knows they are mad and doesn't want them to say things to turn her children against her! Please pray for all of that!!!!
Well, we found out that she will for sure get her October check but they couldn't tell us when. I called Sherri to see if she could loan JP the money for rent until she gets her check. She said, "Yes!!" So, we headed to get the money from her and called the landlord to arrange where to meet her. As we drove down the street, a look of relief came over JP. She started smiling again and I got to hear her contagious laugh again. She had been in such a pit for a week and she was starting to see life from a new perspective. She was seeing that she can indeed trust me, Brad, and Sherri. She was seeing people put their words into action. She was getting real-live, practical help from some people who want nothing FROM her but tons FOR her! She was feeling loved and cared for. It was a beautiful moment that I will never forget! Hope was restored in her heart! She kept saying, "I thought I had to do this all by myself. I thought I had to figure this all out and there was no way. I was planning ways to end my life because I thought there was no way out. I see now that I have people who will help me!" We got to Sherri and JP just hugged her so tight and listened to the words of life that Sherri was whispering in her ear. She got back into the car wiping her eyes and smiling and was full of hope as we headed to pay her rent! She knows now that no one will hold her money over her head. She is out from under the control of her family (with the exception of fighting to get her kids back)!!
When we got home, she was a different person. Carlene had sent me a package for her and I have just waited until I felt it was the right time to give it to her. I gave it to her when we got home and she came down later to show me the beautiful bracelet she got! She told me that Carlene had several verses written down for her. She said some of them were the same verses that Sherri has told her and that Sara had given her. I explained that these ladies are from three different places and had no way of knowing that they were sharing the same verses. I told her that God moved them to share those because He is wanting to drive those verses home with her! She just smiled her beautiful smile!
We had time to talk about how God used what she thought was a devastating circumstance for her good. If this never happened, the lies and fraud would not have come out into the open. She is slowly starting to believe that God spared her life when she was 12 because He has great plans for her!! Plans to give her a future and HOPE!!!!! God is so good...ALL THE TIME!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment