Thursday, September 25, 2014

Warriors....not worriers!!!

It has been close to two years since God made it clear that it was time for us to do ministry as Mid-South Love Home.  I have been pretty transparent through this blog and shared many of the ups and downs with those of you who have chosen to read it!  I thank you for your interest in this ministry.  I thank you for choosing to "bear our burden" by praying for us...many of you who don't even know us!  That is what it means to be the Body of Christ and I am forever grateful!!

I read a story this morning about Christine Cain.  She was one of the speakers at the Women of Faith conference that Sherri Howard and I went to a month ago.  She said some things in this testimonial that really struck me!  She talked about how life is a battlefield and not a playground!  So often we want it to be a playground but everything in scripture confirms that it is not easy walking the Christian walk.  Satan prowls about looking to kill, steal, and destroy!  Thankfully he is terribly defeated and we win in the end!  However, his activity causes life for the believer to be a battlefield and we must be armed and ready to fight.  God gives us all we need to be prepared and victorious in battle and I am so thankful He does!!

I don't know what kind of fires you have walked through.  I have traveled through many myself and because of this, God has made Malachi 3:3 my life verse.  "And He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the Lord offerings in righteousness."  And my life song, "Refiner's fire, my heart's one desire is to be holy, set apart for You, my Master, ready to do Your will."

The past year and a half have been quite a battle.  It is important that I personally thank those of you who have stood in the gap for us; those who have practically and financially supported us; and those who have joined with us in living out Matthew 25:35-40.  I am forever grateful to Brad, Josh, Grant, Kendall, and Ty for the sacrifices they make on a daily (and sometimes hourly) basis for the sake of this ministry.  Without their love and support, we couldn't do what we do.

Today, it is important to me that I give honor where honor is due!  I have a friend who has been one heck of a warrior with me in this battle!  Sherri, thank you so much for traveling through this fire with me!  You constantly speak life, hope, faith, strength, blessing, and courage into me.  You have declared, decreed, and confessed the promises of the Word of God over my life and over this ministry.  You are constantly reminding me to keep my focus of Jesus!  You have been there when the wind and waves have absolutely taken my legs out from under me and you have held me up!  God has used you in more ways than I can even list!  You have allowed me to kick and scream and cry to you and your love for me and faith in me have never wavered.  Not many people have a friend like you...a warrior for them!  I am so blessed and am forever grateful!!

Psalm 101:6 "My eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me; He who walks in a blameless way is the one who will minister to me."  It is so crucial that we surround ourselves with people who are faithful.  Unfortunately I have done plenty of worrying during this season of starting the Love Home ministry.  I wish I could say that my faith never was shaken and that I never questioned the Promises of the Word, but I can't.  Therefore, it has been of utmost importance to have myself surrounded by warriors who could fight for me when I didn't even have the strength to fight for myself!!

We are called to live in relationship!  God doesn't ask us to do life alone!!  We need one another and we need to let others know when they have been an encourager and warrior for us!  Thank you Sherri!!  I am thankful that God has chosen to have us journey though life together!!!  I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment