I have been encouraged to post more frequently on my blog. Therefore, I am going to try to make them short and sweet and just give you a little peek into what life looks like at the Love Home. Remember that the residents of MSLH live alongside our family and our lives are totally intertwined! They do life with us and we do life with them!!
Newsflash... we have another baby!! Martin Nathan James White was born Friday, Sept. 19!! His mom, Brittany, is doing a wonderful job and he is absolutely precious!! Pictures below!!!
This weekend was an eventful one! Brad and I had to divide to conquer with Josh and Grant both playing at 2:00 Saturday. I also had the Championship Tournament Breakfast to attend in Holly Springs as USCGA honored the Mid-South Love Home with a VERY generous donation from their season!! Their members have been so giving and it has been a privilege to be their charity!! Thanks again to Scott Young for nominating us and working so hard to share our vision and mission!!
Our newest resident, who I will refer to as JP, went with me to Birmingham to see Josh play! It was an exciting game and she had a great time at the game, but especially at the tailgate afterwards. Josh, Savannah, and several of their friends sat around and visited with us for quite some time. JP shared some of her testimony with them and they were absolutely precious to her! She told me on the way home that Savannah was just so positive and that she needs to be around people like her!! NEVER underestimate how powerful it is to pour into someone life!! Just being listened to and validated helped this precious young lady feel special!!! It was a wonderful day!!
After the breakfast and before heading to Birmingham, JP and I dropped Jakira and Micah off in Holly Springs. Remember that she is a Rust College student and she is scheduled to return there the middle of October!! We have spent countless hours getting her ducks in a row and we have everything just about ready!! She and Micah were able to spend the entire day there with her friends! I think she realizes that her life is forever changed now that she has a baby. However, she has some very supportive friends and I know she will hang in there and earn her college degree!! I am excited for her!
Brad and Ty enjoyed a short drive to watch Grant play at Northwest in Senetobia! The game didn't end exactly how we hoped it would, but I know they enjoyed getting to watch him play!! It kills me to miss his games and it kills Brad to miss Josh's. I am just thankful we were able to each be at one of them!!! Kendall had a busy day at her school's Jag Day and she probably wasn't too sad to have to miss all the football!!! She definitely gets her fair share!!!
Life is very busy with four children and even busier when you add in several pregnant girls and a few babies, but we wouldn't have it any other way!!! I praise God that Brad, Josh, Grant, Kendall, and Ty are so "on board" with the Love Home! I know God is using all that we do and go through to mold us and shape us into the image of Christ and that is all we desire!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment