At Mid-South Love Home, we get many calls about girls that need our help that never actually come to fruition. For one reason or another, the girls quit asking for help, or they are scared to move, or they find somewhere to live that they think is long-term, or a whole list of other reasons. We have had several who contacted us near the beginning of their pregnancy but that didn't actually come until the middle to end when they realized that they were more desperate for help than they thought. We love to get them early in the pregnancy, but we are thankful for any time that God gives us with them.
I typically don't share on my blog when we get calls because I never know if the girl will end up here or not! However, sometimes the need is so unusual or so in need of prayer that I want to share with all of you so you can come alongside us in prayer! Today we received TWO such calls. I am waiting to see how they play out, but I ask you to read and pray.
I received a call this morning around 10:30 from The Morning Center. They were contacted about a 17 year old who is pregnant. Evidently the girl's mom wants her to have an abortion. She has one scheduled for this Saturday so we must bombard Heaven on behalf of this baby! The 17-year old and the baby's dad do not want to abort. The mom is not supposed to be able to force her daughter to abort. However, we all know that she is young and I am sure she loves her mom and is scared to go against her. There are so many young girls that get in this situation! We are here as an option for them in case they get kicked out of their home for not having an abortion. So, I am asking you to pray! The girl is considering adoption for the baby if she carries it. We have our "yes" on the table and are just praying that God will be glorified in this situation! Thank you for praying. I cannot tell you her name yet, but God knows!
Then, I received a call from ICU Mobile at 2:30. They had a TWELVE year old come into the unit today and found out that she is 20 weeks pregnant!!!!!! That is very hard for me to wrap my brain around. Anyway, from what information they had gathered so far, mom is out of work and doesn't have a secure place to live. They told her about our home and the mom was interested. They said the little girl doesn't want to come here...but, can you blame her?!?! She is just a young child herself and people are talking about her going to live with strangers. Not only is she facing something that must be terrifying for a 12 year old, but then to not have a place to live with her mom is just so very sad. We cannot take her unless she comes willingly because we can't deal with someone who may try to run away. So, please pray for this little girl and her mom. There are other legal type issues that arise with a girl so young ending up pregnant. They have a tough road ahead. Again, our "yes" is on the table if this is someone God wants us to help. They just need lots of prayers right now too! This is a 6th grader, y'all!!! My goodness she is so young!!!
Thank you for taking the time to read and pray! We are honored to be available to help these girls in crisis situations and you make it possible for us to be here for them! Thank you for your ongoing support!! Someone once told me that he did not see a need for this ministry. I am telling you the truth, the need is greater than we realize! When God calls us to do something, it is because HE knows the need!!! May He received all the glory!!
No comments:
Post a Comment