What an amazing day of celebration at Mid-South Love Home!!!! If you have been following this blog, you may remember that I have a resident who is(was) pregnant with a baby girl who had a growing cyst between the lobes of her brain. It was continuing to grow and today I went with her to see the specialist and we were planning to sit down and have him prepare us for what to expect. The baby is due on Feb. 6th! Anyway, I was back there with her so that she wouldn't have to go through this alone! The ultrasound lady was doing her measurements and looking at the kidneys and heart and everything and then started looking at her head! My girl told her to let her know when she was looking for it so she could also look at it and see if it was bigger than it was last week. The tech kept moving around and moving around and then anticipation began to build as she said, "I don't see it!" My girl kept her eyes peeled on the screen and we both had tears filling our eyes and falling down our face. It wasn't there and she knew it! She had always been able to locate it before and I could see her fidgeting around and they both kept looking and kept looking until finally the tech said, "It is gone!" We just began praising God for His complete healing of little baby Faith!!!! The tech left to go take the report to the doctor and my girl and I just sat there in awe!!! She kept crying and crying and saying that she just couldn't believe it! I told her that every time she thinks about it to say "Thank you Jesus!!"
In the midst of all the joy and celebrating as we sat in the room, I was able to hear how she laid in her bed last night praying with tears running down her face. She was so worried about her baby girl and about her ability to care for her with whatever issues she would have. She was insecure about having to make the decision about surgery. She said she just cried and prayed! GOD HEARS!!!!! GOD ANSWERS!!!! And now she kept saying, "God is good...All the time"!!! We sat there and prayed and just thanked God for healing Faith and blessing her and her mom!!! Priceless!!!
With HUGE smiles on our faces, we waited to talk to the nurse specialist. She said, "I love those happy tears!" She told her that she was done with them and that her daughter is healthy and ready for delivery! My girl asked if a neurologist would still be there for delivery and she said NO. She did recommend that we ask for them to evaluate her just to make sure everything looks good and that was a relief!!!
Oh my goodness!! What an amazing day! I was able to spend time just pouring into this mom and reassuring her that God has a very specific plan for her and for Faith. I explained that God has something specific for each of them to do in His big scheme of things and if they don't do it, it doesn't get done! It was mind-blowing the first time someone explained that to me! It isn't that someone else will just take up the slack and do whatever it was that I was supposed to do but didn't! No! If I am not listening, willing, etc. to do what He asks and plans for me to do, it doesn't get done!!! I was just wanting her to grasp the reality that she matters! Faith matters! I matter! You matter! We don't want to live our lives just going through the motions. We must live on purpose!!! What a perfect name for this little girl for whom God has great plans...FAITH!!!! Thank you to everyone for your countless prayers!! Praise God with us tonight that He is still very much in the healing business!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment