Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Welcome Shanika Strickland!!!


We are excited to have Shanika living at the Love Home!  We are so blessed to get to know her and help support her on this journey!  Shanika had to make some very difficult sacrifices in order to move in with us!  She has a 16-month old son and he is going to live with a sweet family for the months Shanika is with us!  This will allow her to focus on getting a job, working towards her GED, and working to secure a place for her and Zadyn (and the new baby) to live once she leaves the maternity home!  It was heartbreaking for her but she was out of options and knows this was the right move!

It was so neat how God worked all of this out!  HE alone is the Master-Mind behind this ministry and we are only putting ourselves in a posture to hear Him and obey what He directs us to do!  When Shanika called me yesterday, I had to turn her down because we cannot accept pregnant girls with dependent children.  We have had to turn several away throughout the past year and a half because they are in that category.  But, there was something about her voice and I just couldn't close the door on this so I told her I would check into another option.  That option didn't work and as I was driving back to work from a delivery, God very clearly told me to find somewhere for the baby to stay so she could come live with us.  It would be a temporary sacrifice on her part that will hopefully yield great benefits!!!  So, I called her back and share this with her and she said it was the best option she had and she had to move out today by 11:00 so time was of the essence.  Well, God opened door after door and by 7:00 last night we had a place for Zadyn, an attorney sending me the Power of Attorney form Shanika would have to sign and we were "go" for this morning at 10:30.  I took a Notary with me to pick her up and the other couple met us as well.  It was a very emotional thing, but she was very strong...knowing this is the best option for them right now!!

She is getting settled in now.  She has obviously shed tears a couple of times, but we are excited to see what God is going to do!  The family keeping Zadyn are going to stay very involved so they can spend as much time together as possible!  It is just neat how God unfolds His plans right before our eyes!!  My prayer each day is for Him to order my steps!  I know that is a prayer He loves to answer.  He just wants us to say (and mean) "Yes, Lord!  Here I am!  Use me!!"  This is a new dynamic to this ministry that we will definitely consider as an option when we run into this scenario again!  I am excited about this helping expand the group of women/teens we are able to minister to!!!  To God be the Glory!  Great things He hath done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment