Thursday, August 29, 2013

Believing for a Miracle!!!!

WARNING:  This ended up long!  I am sorry!  Please read it anyway!!!

This morning, my daily reading was in II Samuel.  He allowed some verses to jump off the page at me and little did I know what He had planned for today!  Chapter 7 verses 27-29, "For Thou, O Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, hast made a revelation to Thy servant, saying, "I will build you a house; therefore Thy servant has found courage to pray this prayer to Thee.  And now, O Lord God, Thou art God, and Thy words are truth and Thou hast promised this good thing to Thy servant.  Now therefore, may it please Thee to bless this house of Thy servant, that it may continue forever before Thee.  For Thou, O Lord God, hast spoken; and with Thy blessing may the house of Thy servant be blessed forever."

As I read these verses today, I thought back to times past when God has given me a revelation.  When I knew that it was completely from Him, I had the courage to pray the prayer for the revelation to become a reality.  I was thanking Him this morning that His word is TRUTH and that He makes promises that He ALWAYS keeps.  Anyway, I continued to pray and thank Him and claim the promise that it pleases Him to bless the house of His servant.  In my Bible is written this prayer from my heart, "Lord, please bless this servant's house forever.  May my family all serve You as Lord and God and Savior for generation after generation after generation...until You come."  That is my prayer and I enjoyed "camping out" on those verses this morning.

Well, on another note...have you ever heard the voice of God so clearly that you have NO DOUBT whatsoever that it is HIM?!?  Has God ever given you a vision or a revelation so clearly that you KNEW He was going to do it?!?

God is a God of miracles!  He was.  He is.  He will be.  I am believing God for a miracle today because I know He has given me a revelation of what is to come for the Mid-South Love Home. 

You see, one of the major reservations my girl had about staying with us until that baby is 6 weeks old is that she has to have somewhere to go after that.  This girl lived with her boyfriend before she came and her plans were to move back in with him when she left.  However, she continually worried about the "What ifs?"  What if he moves on?  What if he gets another girlfriend while I am living with you?  What if he doesn't want me to move back in with him after the baby is born?  Where will I go?  These were her thoughts and the things we talked about quite often those first two days she was here.  It was scary to me.  We are planning on helping the girls line up that stuff as it is getting closer to their move out date, but I don't have a list of for sure places she could go.  It really weighed heavy on my heart.  You see, Brad and I see the MSLH becoming a village with maternity homes as well as mother/baby homes where they can live for up to 2 years after they leave the maternity home...giving them more time to get their feet under them and giving us more time to shepherd them and pour into their lives.  Well, that vision seems to be in a pretty distant future,  Having this girl, however, confirmed the need for those mother/baby homes and the need to have them NOW!!!  Like I said before, we have learned so much from having this girl!!!

So, Saturday morning I was standing at the bay window in my dining room looking outside watching for our BLM workers to get there.  I had a clear shot diagonally to this big 'ol home that is for sale just up the street.  It was like as clear as day God said, you need that house for the Love Home.  I got so excited!  You see, the girl was still living with us at that point and I saw her here with us for 8 1/2 months and God was showing me this house to buy to use as the mother/baby home!!!!  The girl is from Memphis and is on TennCare.  Our home is very temporary and don't see that it would have been a problem with TennCare (since we are in Mississippi).  However, once she left here and had to find a place to live, she would want to be in Tennessee.  Guess what?!?!  Years ago God made this crazy neighborhood He would place us in half Memphis and half Olive Branch!!  What?!?  Yes, we are Olive Branch and this house I could almost hit if I threw a rock is in Memphis!  Plus, it is HUGE!  I knew that it was kind of like two houses in one but have never been inside to see for myself.  I have only been in the kitchen and the screened in porch when the sweet lady who lived there would always buy Sally Foster stuff from my kids when they were selling stuff for school!  Anyway, I just could picture it!  They would be with me until the baby is 6 weeks old and then they would move just right there and it would be like an "apartment" for them.  They would be independent, but close and still able to be mentored and shepherded!!!  OH MY GOODNESS,  I was so fired up!  I was so fired up that the first couple that got here from Bellevue, I shared all of this with them!!  They probably thought I was nuts!!!!  Anyway, I shared it with my family and a friend that day and was just praying and praying and excited to see how God was going to pull this off!  I mean, we still have money we owe on this house and the financial stuff doesn't even make sense to us because we now are down to one income!!  But...I just knew it was what God said.

Well, Monday I was out walking and saw a neighbor and stopped to talk to him and I said, "Do you know what God is going to do next?!?"  He said, "What?"  And I told him that God was going to give us THAT house and I pointed to it.  He said, "Well, He better hurry up because they have a contract on it."  He explained who was buying it and it sounded like the perfect house for them.  I knew the couple selling needed it to sell FAST and so I was very happy for them.  I kept telling myself that it was so good for those two parties.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and today as I walked (that is when I have my prayer time) I just kept praying, "God, I just really thought that You said that You were going to give that house to us."  I was trying to convince myself that maybe I "heard" Him wrong and that He was going to give us a house like that for the girls to move into.  But in my heart, I just knew that He said He was going to give us THAT house.  I just knew they had sold it and that maybe the timing was for later or something.  So, I finished my walk, did my Bible studying, and "camped out" on the verse above.

Fast forward about two hours.  My parents came over and visited and then we needed to run to Home Depot.   The Warriors Center is coming over Saturday to do some more work for us!  Praise God!  So, we were getting some supplies and as we were approaching the check out counter, I saw the couple who own that house!  Now listen!  They have already moved out of town into their new home.  We have also been neighbors for 10 years and have never ever run into each other out somewhere.  So, I said Hi and then congratulated them on selling their house.  She proceeded to tell me that it doesn't appear to be that earnest of an offer.  There is a contingency.  They have a house to sell.  They don't seem real anxious to sell it fast, etc.  So, I GOT SO EXCITED!!!!  I started explaining to her about the Love Home and about what God told me Saturday morning standing at my bay window.  We talked and talked and talked.  It was the most awesome God appointment!  We left basically with this....Pray!  Pray!  Pray!  and get everyone to pray that God will do a MIRACLE and provide this house for the Love Home's Mom and baby house!!!!  There was so much more that was said that blessed my heart, but if I share more details, you might quit reading!  Anyway, her husband said I needed to come see the house today!  I was so excited.  I told them that a couple of times this week I wanted to walk up and peek in the windows to see if I could tell anything about the layout, but I wouldn't let myself since it had a contract on it!!!  Anyway, I went over to the house around 1:00 and took a tour and OH MY GOODNESS!!!, it would be ideal for what we envision!!!!  I told them that we would be praying for God to provide us a miracle and they said that they really, really, really need to sell it within the next two months.  So we agreed that we would all be praying!

 Now, back to the verses I read this morning.  I was focusing a lot of my time on the promise that He wants to bless this servant's house forever.  But, the words I underlined had also jumped off the page at me.  "...Thy servant has found courage to pray this prayer to Thee."  Why do I have the courage to pray this prayer to Him?  Because of what the first part of the verse says, "For Thou, O Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, hast made a revelation to Thy servant..."  God spoke this to me.  He planted this revelation...this vision...in my heart and He has given me the prayer to pray.  If He gave me a prayer to pray, it is easy to pray it with confidence because I can KNOW He will answer it....because it was His prayer in the first place!!!!!  Did I lose you there?!?  I am praying confidently for this house because I firmly believe God said He is going to give it to the Love Home.  It is as good as done!!

I took Kendall by there after school and she was pretty pumped too!!  I have shared this story with about 4 of my friends already today and they are pumped!!!  I want you to be pumped also!!!!  Do you believe God can work MIRACLES?!?  Do you want to be a part of an incredible story of God providing this house?!  If you do, PRAY!!!  If God stirs your heart and moves your spirit (the prayer He gave me December 5, 2012 for this ministry) Exodus 35:5, 21, 26, and 29, then bring your contribution!!!  He needs us to obey when He moves us to do something.  Don't just sit and read and think, "That's neat." or better yet, "She's nuts!".  Be involved!  Do something!!  Don't do anything because you think it is the right thing to do.  Do something because God is so moving you to that you are COMPELLED...you MUST do it!!  Be a part of this miracle!  He IS going to do it.  You wait and see.  You will want to be involved in His work!  He is just so amazing!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment