Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What a day!!

Whoa!  What a day!! 

WE NOW HAVE CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING!!!!  What a blessing this is!  We are so grateful to Anthony Hauss and Benny James Service Company!!!  Their gift to the Love Home is VERY  much appreciated!!

Another event that happened today was that our girl decided to become a "commuter" instead of a "resident".  She decided that she was needed and wanted at the house she came from but that she still wants me to help her get her GED, driver's license, and learn to cook!  I was thrilled with that and will have her over a couple of days a week to work at accomplishing these goals.

As I took her back to the house today, I felt like God had given me a small glimpse of what He often goes through.  He freely offers everyone a "better life".  He offers eternal life!  He offers a hope and a future!!  It is free!  We don't have to do anything to deserve it.  We simply must receive it!  We believe it would have been great for her to stay with us to make sure she was able to work towards the "better life" that she is picturing in her mind.  However, she didn't freely accept what we were offering.  The comfort and security she feels at the other house was too difficult to leave.  Her old life-style was too enticing. 

Although she will not live here, I am thankful that I will still have the opportunities to love on her and help her accomplish some of her goals.  Please continue to pray for her!  She does not know the Lord and I pray some seeds have been planted and I pray we have even more opportunities to show Christ to her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment