At Mid-South Love Home, we are always just a phone call away from everything changing! I received two such potential calls yesterday! In those two calls, I was told about 3 ladies who may be interested in our home. We never know how things will turn out, but I do ask you to pray for the ladies and pray for us and our board as we pray for discernment and direction!
One was the 17 year old I was called about last week. Praise God she didn't go to her abortion appointment, but she has another scheduled for March 21 so we must keep praying! Another was an 18 year old high school senior. She has since contacted me herself and is planning on moving in next week. I have been blessed by a couple of Desoto County School Board Members/Administrators who are helping me with this situation and I am so thankful for their willingness to help the girls we serve! It really takes all of us working together to deeply impact people and I am excited about the relationship I am starting with these wonderful people at the board! Also, when it comes time to vote for the Desoto County Superintendent, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE vote for Cory Uselton! He is currently the principal at Desoto Central High School and is a wonderful man and great leader! He has been crucial in connecting me to the correct people to help me with this unique situation and I am so grateful for his heart for the children of Desoto County! Please pray for us as we meet with this girl next week! We have quite a little process to go through and I want to have discernment and wisdom and love when we meet!
The final woman I was called about is quite a unique situation. She is older than the "age range" we originally set. We have had one other who was older and it proved to be quite the blessing in her life and ours so I don't want to slam the door on someone just because of her age. I don't feel that it is appropriate to share her entire situation, but please just pray for "M" and God will know who you are talking about! Pray that He will give her wisdom to know what to do. Pray that He will give us wisdom, discernment, and love for her as well.
It amazes me how God continues to bring ladies to Mid-South Love Home. I really don't even know how one of the phone call's got my number and heard about this ministry. God is spreading the word about our services in ways that He chooses and I am grateful. He is sending just the right girls across our path and just the right support system to us! We are so thankful that He is in control!!! Please pray!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment