Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Seek first..."

Thank you for checking in to see what is happening with the Mid-South Love Home.  God has really been working on my heart and the verse He continues to bring to mind is Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."  He has reminded me over and over that He is to be my ONLY focus....as my son, Josh, put it...my ONLY GAZE.  I am to seek Him!  When my gaze is only on Him, then all of the circumstances around me will not distract me!  Not only will I not be distracted, He promises to take care of everything else.  Beth Moore once did a talk at a conference I went to and she talked about being a "One-thing girl".  That is all God is asking of me...for my "one thing" to be HIM!  I don't have to worry about being the best wife, mother, friend, employee, house mother, daughter, sister, aunt, etc.  All I have to focus on is my relationship with Christ and He In Me will allow me to be all those other things in a way that is excellent and pleasing to Him.  PRAISE GOD!!!

Well, we are still working with our little pregnant commuter and she is having a girl!!!  How exciting is that?!?!  Thank you so much to Patti Hallberg for providing such a precious outfit for our girl when she found out her baby is a girl.  She told me the other day that the baby's grandmother asked what the baby will wear home from the hospital and she said, "That outfit Ms. Paige gave me!"  Thank you, Patti, for blessing her!!!!  We also received some maternity clothes from a precious lady from Grace Evangelical Church and we are so grateful!  They fit her perfectly and she now has more clothes than I think she has had her entire life.  She feels so pretty and those of us who have been pregnant know how much that means!!  Thanks to my sister, Jodi, for putting this need on Grace Online!!  Thank you, Tina Tatum, for the items you got for my girl...especially the beautiful necklace.  When I explained the, "God goes before you, behind you, and is all around you" to her, she loved it!  What a comforting reminder it will be to her when she feels afraid!

I received this email September 25th that has reignited my persistent prayers for the Memphis home that we believe God is going to give us.  This is from the One-by-One mentor whose mentee we were going to get back in July, but she needed a place where she could stay longer and she was due in August!

Hi Paige:
How is it going with the "love home"?  I saw your post on facebook about the next step house.  I am praying things are working out for that to be available.

My mentee's baby is 6 weeks old now.  Such a doll!!  But they need a place to go, away from her home environment.  She is ready to make the move, and I have someone working with her to see if we can get her in a good environment.

Just wanted to encourage you in what you are doing - just a huge need; a huge ministry; I know with my young lady, she has virtually no where to go, and no one to keep the baby while she goes to work.  So sad.  Such a round-robin cycle, and you see how they get trapped into that cycle.

Anyway, I haven't talked with you in a while.  Was so elated to see your post, but I have not seen any updates.
Blessings to you,

THERE IS A HUGE NEED OUT THERE!!  Please don't just read my posts and then go about your daily routine.  Allow God to rock your world with what these young women are going through.  He has rocked mine!  I never thought my world was so "secluded" until I stepped into this ministry.  The needs out there...not thousands of miles away, but just down the street...are bigger than I could have imagined.  I didn't know!  I know I keep saying it, but please get involved!!  I am no longer able to sit and do nothing.  If you are still numb to it, come over and meet my girl!  You will fall in love with her and your heart will break when you see what she is facing...what this new mom in the email is facing!!

Not everyone is called to do what we are called to do...but maybe God is calling you to help us!  PRAY FOR THAT HOUSE!!  GIVE OF YOUR RESOURCES!  AND...I have a new way to ask for your help!  I have written a letter to pastors asking if I can come to their church and speak to their congregation, a women's group, a Sunday School class, the missions board, etc.  (any group of people they are willing to put me in front of).  I want to share the vision God has given us to make people aware of the Mid-South Love Home and then to take up a Love offering to give people a chance to have their spirit moved to contribute to this ministry!  I know a few pastors who I will personally give the letter to.  I am asking for you to help me.  I don't want to mail these to the churches.  They will get lost in the shuffle.  I am looking for people who believe in this ministry who would be willing to hand this letter to their pastor/missions director and ask them to please, please, please read it and see how they can help.  I realize that most churches have their missions' dollars allocated already.  I am not asking the church to support us (unless they feel called to).  I am simply asking for the chance to share and then take up a love offering!  If you are willing to deliver a letter for me, please text me at 901-270-8263!  Even if you are out of town, please help if you feel God moving you to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment