Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Shower #1

You know our lives go in cycles.  You hit that age when all of your friends are getting married and you have tons of wedding showers and weddings to attend.  Then, all of your friends are having babies and you have tons of baby showers to attend.  Then, all of your friends' children are graduating from high school and you are out buying graduation gifts.  Then, sadly, you get to that stage when your friends' parents are passing away and funerals seem to come way too often.  Those stages are a part of life, but sometimes we don't always enjoy them when we are in the midst of them.  I want to offer you an opportunity to revert back to that season of baby showers!  I am hoping to have at least two baby showers within the next couple of months!  I know Christmas is coming soon so we hope to have shower #1 in November and shower #2 in January.

I have a volunteer to host shower #1.  If anyone out there wants to buy diapers and wipes for shower gifts, that would be amazing!  I would love for them to be wrapped up or put in a gift bag so she will have lots of gifts to open at the shower!  Shower #1 is for a boy!  She has several outfits already so I don't want to overwhelm her with cute clothes when she really needs those practical things for day to day baby care! 

If you are interested in hosting shower #2 in January, please let me know!  I hope to have a small group of ladies (or large group for that matter!) who will plan, host, and attend the shower.  I want to collect diapers, wipes, and other essentials for her as well.  Shower #2 is for a girl!  She doesn't have as many outfits but still mostly needs those basics!

This can be such a fun way to get involved and show love to some precious young women who will appreciate everything more than you can imagine!  Please contact me and let me know if you are interested in helping!  God is on the move!  Join Him!!!  I can promise you that it is a fun ride!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment