Monday, December 1, 2014

Real Life

I have learned more about the phrase "Real Life" over the past week than I have during many years of my life combined.  I have a friend at work who always says, "This is real life!" and it is just hitting home tonight as I sit in my quiet den with a few minutes to myself.  What we are dealing with at Mid-South Love Home is real life.  Real people...real struggles...real issues...real pain...real rejection...real cries for help...real need...real loneliness...real emptiness...real low self-esteem...real use...real abuse...and a very real need for the love of the One and Only!!!

I spent some time with Kristie at the hospital today and she looks better to me than she has!  She still has a very long way to go and I ask that you join me in praying that she is able to stay in the hospital until the baby is born.  This is the best place for her right now and it is definitely the best place to get the care she needs for this yet-to-be-born baby!!  I was so thankful for the time with her and she did tell me that her aunt and uncle came to see her (HUGE BLESSING) and that her aunt read 20 pages of the Bible to her!!  I was so encouraged by that!  She is limiting her visitors but still loves to know that people care and are praying for her!  I have a precious friend, Nicole, who went to see her yesterday but wasn't able to actually go in her room.  Well, when I walked in Kristie's room, I was like, "Girl!  It smells so good in here!!!"  She told me that the nice lady that came by brought her that and a whole bunch of other great stuff!  She showed me the adorable basket Nicole made and she was just so touched and happy about it!  So, although Nicole didn't get to visit with Kristie that time, she showed her the love of Christ in a very tangible way!!  Never underestimate what a kind word or gesture will mean to someone who is desperate for love, affection, and attention!  We all want to know we matter to somebody!  Thank you, Nicole, for your precious gift of love to Kristie!!!

I have received some precious help since my post about Kristie and all that is going on at our home!  I am so grateful for the meals, donations of supplies, financial support, etc. and I want to personally thank you Camille, Craig and Renee, Chris and Becky, Ron and Carla, Brenda, Beverly, and my other new friend who I am keeping nameless because I haven't asked if I can attach her name to what I am about to share!!  She knows who she is!!!  I am so grateful for what you have done in the name of Christ and I give Him the glory because "His Grace is Sufficient"!!!!  I do, however, want to share with you about my new friend!  She saw my blog and then went to my website to find out more about the ministry.  You see, she was a "Love Home" pregnant teen back in the late '80s!!  Isn't that so cool?!?  She saw the name of the ministry and what we do and investigated further to see if it was the same as the Love Home that had helped her!  So, she brought us dinner and met the girls and I just look so forward to how God is going to use her in this ministry in the future!!  I also had an elementary friend of Kristie's find this blog, realize it was her friend from long ago, and she came to visit Kristie in the hospital and just loved on her and shared the love of Christ!  I had another lady who taught Kristie find her way to this blog and hopefully she will be able to connect with her also!  It is just so neat how God weaves His plan together!  It is so big and so intricately planned out that we stand in awe as we watch it unfold!!

Please know that it is not too late to get involved!  We always need ministry partners, volunteers, donors, prayer warriors, etc.  If God is prompting you to participate, please do!  Otherwise, you will miss out on a huge blessing!  You will be giving a blessing, but I guarantee that you will also be receiving a blessing!!  We put together an Amazon Wish List for our ministry!  As the year comes to a close, you may want opportunities to give.  Any gift, money or item, is a tax benefit to you since we are 501(c)3.  We have realized through this experience this past week that there are some real needs we have.  One of those is security cameras in and around the home.  Another is a few medical supplies and drug tests.  We would be so honored and blessed if you would look at our Wish List and see if God leads you to help and support us in that way!  May God continue to move in your heart to reach out and share His love in real, tangible, and practical ways!  To God be the Glory, Great things He has done!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment